My last post didn’t exactly end in an optimistic note. Let’s correct that:
Wishing you all a happy, joyous and peaceful 2013 folks!
The Mayans predicted that the world-as we know it-would end but we’re still here standing (cheers to that).
The new year is a time to reflect and wipe the slate clean. People advice against making new year resolutions but I do them anyway. I like taking a look back at my previous resolutions. Helps me get a better understanding of my achievement or lack thereof.
Stuff done in 2012:
- Got in to the masters program at Carnegie Mellon.
- Learned Ruby(& Rails) and built a couple of sites with it. Long way to go but loving it.
- Screwed around with some small github projects.
- Moved this blog along with all my old wordpress posts to Octopress.
Not too bad.
Stuff I couldn’t get done in 2012:
- Get back in shape (This one’s been there since my 2009 new year resolution list. But I have a good feeling 2013 will see this task done).
- Sound engineering (I did do a bunch of editing here and there for some folks, but this was stuff I had down and didn’t particularly learn anything new in the process).
Stuff I want to do in 2013
- Get back in shape (In addition to hitting the gym planning to eat better).
- Get more sleep (I have this bad feeling 2012 zapped some of my brain cells).
- Get really good at Rails (looking at running through the Destroy all Software and Railcast screencasts).
- Get a job after my masters, preferably doing something I love.